Presbar has always placed great importance on achieving the highest quality standards. In the early 1980's we were one of the first diecasting companies to be awarded BS 5750.
Our efforts have continued to the present day. Our pursuit of continuous improvement has led to us achieving the Automotive Quality Assurance Certification TS 16949.
We constantly monitor our production processes, for example
- X-Ray Inspection to check the integrity of cast parts.
- Critical sectional shapes are inspected using the shadowgraph.
- Both computerised and manual records are used for SPC.
- Coordinate Measuring machine ensures dimensional conformity.
- Alloy composition of every melt is checked by using a Hilger Spectrometer.
All areas of the business are subject to continuous audit and measured against given standards to produce our Key Perfomance Indicators. These are published every month on the company notice boards so that everyone is aware as to how we are performing.
TS 16949 was established by the automotive industry as the car manufacturers were well aware of the benefits it would offer them. It is based on hard nosed business principles aimed at enhancing the efficiency of a company, whilst driving out waste. The result is a lower true cost of the products it produces.
TS 16949 gives all customers confidence that the products they receive will be right, first time, every time.